Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Moving forward

Ok I finally did it. I created a portfolio website. It is exciting and scary all at the same time. It is great that I can finally say to potential clients..."to see my work please visit my website". Well at least something along those lines. LOL. The scary part? It seems more official. My photos are out of hiding. Sure I have them on my blog and myspace but I never sent potential clients there. It was mainly friends and family.
The website was a needed tool. Printing out the pictures and keeping them in a portfolio isnt really realistic. Its hard to carry around everywhere. And its just not that professional. The downfall to this right now is photo shoots are becoming, well, interesting. My ever expanding belly and pregnancy pains are quite uncomfortable at times. Especially when working in my studio. Outside shoots arent too bad. In studio shoots I am moving lights, kneeling down, getting up again to grab a toy etc. Not an easy task especially after the 10th or 12th time LOL. I really dont want to make excuses why I cant do photo shoots. I love what I do. It really is worth most of the discomfort. Plus Im worried if I start saying no, the momentum will stop and I will have to start all over again after the birth. Its amazing to me what things can get in the way of dreams and goals. No wonder most people dont make it to accomplishing what they dream of. There is always one more hurdle. I am determined not to allow those to stop me. They may slow me down temporarily but I know this is what I want to do. For me and for my family.
So for those reading this feel free to visit my portfolio. The address is www.tlcimpressions.smugmug.com
Now if you have any comments or suggestions for my site please post them here under comments. Any tidbit is helpful. After all I may not see something that may harm the whole ideal of having an online portfolio.
Thanks for listening to me ramble LOl

No comments: