Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The "Joys" of Pregnancy

Wow! I am 34 weeks into my pregnancy today. The whole nesting thing is so kicking in! This weekend I did 3 normal size loads of laundry just for baby! His bassinet is set up. The swing and carseat have all been washed and are ready for him to enjoy them. I have been organizing all of his clothes. Mark has been working on Brennans room. The rest of the house, well Im maintaining it in between preparing for this sweet little boy. Im so excited to meet this little spirit. But I am also sad thinking that Im not going to be pregnant much longer. Pregnancy is such a happy/sad experience.
This feels so sereel to me. I am going to miss him bouncing around in my stomach. He is quite active right now. Having gestational diabetes has been a struggle but I am truly proud of myself. I have really stuck to eating well. I do miss cold cereal, and of course the carbs I so love. Jenny did a little blog on donuts and I really couldnt stay on her page for long. I really like glazed donuts, or raspberry filled. YUM. I have teased Mark that I have a list of food to eat the day that Brennan is born. #1 on my list is a chocolate cookie dough shake. Oh and orange chicken from Panda. There are a few more things but Im getting hungry thinking and typing about it. lol
The other subject I was thinking about today is a baby shower. Marks Grandma, ok our grandma, is having a shower for me on Saturday. Personally Im a little embarrassed. This is after all my 4th baby. I shared this with her and she agreed but added that is was the my 1st baby in this family. True, but still. LOL . Dont get me wrong, it is very sweet of them and honestly it is always nice to get even more help with baby items. I have requested gift cards only. I have clothes and all the equipment we will need for awhile. Plus diapers, formula etc are difficult, in my opinion, to buy ahead of time. I still feel a little silly about the shower but I am not going to argue with an 84 yr old grandma. LOL
Well my cute kids should be walking through the door at any moment.
Enjoy the day

No comments: